Thursday, February 03, 2005

The Ending

Yes, that's a song title, like the last couple of posts, and said title actually comes from a band called The Ending. Yes, the song and the band have the same name, not unlike Bad Company. It's a bad example, seeing how I hate that song (and that band, really), but at least it sheds some light on the fact that The Ending (the band) is not the first band to make an eponymous song. It's a rarity, but not unheard of.

Anyway, added to my sidebar, underneath the link to Five Year Jacket, is my new linky-dink to The Ending's site, where you can listen to a couple of their songs and see when they're playing. I'm planning on going to their show on the 4th of March, which means that I won't be able to crash a big party in Springfield, but I'll live. Should be a good time. And if it's not, at least it's Chicago, where I can get all liquored up and take the train home.

Of the two songs that are up on the internets (as our President would say), and are available for streaming by you high-speed bastards at Myspace.com, I have to say that it is honestly a fuck-ton (my word, do not use without permission) heavier than the band's previous iteration, THC-squared; a band whose name I so vehemently hated that it nearly kept me from listening to what I think ranks as one of the most listenable albums of all time (seriously, it's right up there with Maladroit by Weezer). They're both good songs, and I recommend listening and then commenting, because I need comments, and it might as well be about this, since the vast majority of you have no idea what I'm talking about.

Closing out the previous topic, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was ... I'm not sure what to think about it. I mean, I know that I liked it, but I'm not sure if I want to talk about everything that I got out of it. That's not to say that there were life-lessons to be learned from the movie or anything like that; just that there were some things that I recognized in the relationship between Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet, and most of those things weren't necessarily good, so I'm not going to comment further on it.

Go listen to those songs and then comment! Comment, dammit! And if you say that you didn't like the songs, don't be surprised when you find your comments deleted, because -make no mistake- this page is most definitely an authoritarian regime.

EDIT: I might add (and I did, since this is an edit) that I found a penny at work tonight. By and large, this is no big deal, but this penny was minted in 1858. At first I was looking at it, thinking that it wasn't an American penny, since it's a little bit thicker than a normal penny and doesn't feature Abraham Lincoln on the front. Then I realized that the date on the coin predates Lincoln's presidency, thus explaining the eagle on the front. I'm tempted to sell it, but at the same time, this coin might have been in the pocket of someone during the Civil War. This coin went through the Great Depression. This coin is older than anyone who is alive today. So I'm in a bit of a quandary, and I'm not sure whether I want to get rid of it or where I'd keep it if I didn't.


AIM: therbmcc71