Sunday, May 21, 2006

Build Me Up Buttercup

By and large, my night of karaoke... was shit. I mean, it was garbage from beginning to very nearly the end. The Commitments' version of "Hard To Handle" is generally pretty easy for me, but I couldn't hold it together until the last part of the song. And then I was going to sing the Barenaked Ladies' "If I Had a Million Dollars," but I apparently, being relatively drunk, wrote down the wrong song number and ended up singing "Ice, Ice Baby." I wasn't bad. "If I Had a Million Dollars" ended up being a duet with the karaoke guy, and it was okay. And then came The Foundations' "Build Me Up Buttercup," which was fitting for the time, but still not very good.

Ah, but then came the piece de resistance, the Eric Cartman version of "Come Sail Away." Oh, god, was I good. I got a standing ovation, though I'm not sure of whether it was because I did a good job, or because no one else would ever have the balls (or the blood alcohol content) to attempt it. Regardless, I'm pretty sure I was damn good.

I'd bitch about the rest of my night, but I make it a habit of not talking about my personal life on my blog. I'd say call me for details, but I'm not planning on picking up the phone for about a week, unless I can be pretty sure that you're you, and not one of the people I don't want to talk to. Basically, if you didn't see me tonight, go ahead and call, but don't expect much, because I'd just as soon put it all behind me. Except the Cartman thing, because I was fabulous.


AIM: therbmcc71

No comments: