Thursday, June 24, 2004

Get Your Broadband Going For Today's Media Frenzy!

This post has been edited twice today for additional content. -Mgmt.


Now, I absolutely adore the Zelda game for the Gamecube, because I'm a sucker for good cel-shaded 3D (it looks like a cartoon, but it's 3D), so I just about fell out of my chair when I watched the trailer for an Anime movie called Appleseed, which came out in Japan back in April. I guess it's a remake of the 1988 Anime of the same name, bu this one looks just fucking awesome.

Watch the trailer, and then do what I did and watch it another three times, because it's just that damn good. If those ass-clowns at Square had any idea what they were doing, they would've made the Final Fantasy movie look at least this cool. And it's from the writer of Ghost In The Shell, which gives the whole project ungodly amounts of legitimacy and promise.

--
Edit! ... Later in the day: I have seen the worst music video of all time, and I have some *cough* doubt of its legitimacy as being an actual video.. This video is the Batman & Robin of music videos, by a dude named Zlad. ... Yes, his name is Zlad, and he's out of an eastern-European country named Molvania, which is actually the birthplace of whooping cough. Here's a link to Elektronic-Supersonik, which you should watch as soon as possible, since I don't know how long the link will last. ... And then you will probably have to wash out your eyes with mace.

Backup link to Elektronik-Supersonik in a smaller size here.

Lyrical Excerpt:
Hey, love crusader, I want to be your space invader.
For you, I would descend the deepest moon-crater.
Eyes more stronger than Darth Vapor.


Yes, I know I said Darth Vapor. Go watch, and then comment below.
--

Edit Redux! ... Innocence, the sequel to Ghost in the Shell will be hitting American theaters sometime late this summer. Having watched the Japanese trailer for the movie, I have to say that I'm quite excited. I know that probably none of you speak Japanese, least of all myself, but the animation itself is at least on par with Appleseed, though Innocence is largely hand-drawn with some computer-generated work for various shots. Go to the Innocence site here and watch the Japanese trailer. Sure, it's long, and even I have no idea what the hell is going on, but I just got lost in the animation, so just try to do that and then comment. Comment, dammit!



AIM: therbmcc71

No comments: