Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Man in Motion

So I'm listening to random radio stations on iTunes (I recommend Virgin Radio UK, because they have better taste than American stations), and "Man in Motion," the theme to St. Elmo's Fire comes on, and I just about fucking vomit, because I hate that song. It's by John Parr, a fact that I had to look up, and I hope that he's rotting in hell right now for making one of those songs from the Eighties that I absolutely fucking loathe.

Dr. Noah Drake saves the day, though, by swinging in with "Jesse's Girl" under his arm. I swear, sometimes you look away from the radio, and you think that Rick Springfield is singing, "I wish that I was Jesse's girl." It's like, "Ewww..." Not that there's anything wrong with that. If Rick Springfield and Jesse want to swing that way, that's a perfectly legitimate life-choice.

I bought The Sims 2 this week, and it's beginning to consume hours of my day. I think that the game isn't quite realistic enough, though, because no matter how much like myself I try to make my Sim, he gets the women. I don't know how he does it. I set the game in motion, walk away from it for a few hours, I come back, and there he is with a Sim-ette all over him. And he has money! This game is fake.

"Private Dancer" by Tina Turner just came on the radio (not Virgin Radio UK, of course), and so I'm going to go out to my friend's house and watch Harold & Kumar, or I'm going to jump off my roof. Since it's not a very high roof, and it would only cause me pain, rather than ending my suffering at the hands of Tina Turner, I'm going to watch the movie.

I have absolutely nothing of import to say, apparently.


AIM: therbmcc71