Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Lines Composed A Few Miles Above Tintern Abbey While Waiting for World of Warcraft to Patch

It's a fifty-six megabyte patch for World of Warcraft this month, and it's taking forever to unstuff itself, which is making me mad because I have to go in and re-spec my hunter. In the meantime, I'm sure you're all wondering about what it's like to be me, so here's twenty-five questions:

  • o1. When you look at yourself in the mirror, what's the first thing you look at?: The strange man standing behind me.
  • o2. How much cash do you have on you?: Seventy-six dollars and change, almost all of which will be needed to fill my gas tank.
  • o3. What's a word that rhymes with "TEST"? Chest. Yeah, you knew I was going to go there.
  • o4. Favorite plant?: The Caterpillar factory over on 31.
  • o5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone? Work.
  • o6. What is your main ring tone on your phone?: Um, it sounds like a phone. You know, I actually used to like "Fur Elise" until people who don't even know who Beethoven is started using it as cell phone rings.
  • o7. What shirt are you wearing?: A very nice olive green polo.
  • o8. Do you "label" yourself, could you?: I suppose I could, but that would be silly, because everyone else does that for me.
  • o9. Name brand of your shoes currently wearing?: Skechers.
  • 1o. Bright or Dark Room?: Poorly lit, but fairly bright.
  • 11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you?: I really don't.
  • 12. Ever "spilled the beans"?: Not as often as I "cut the cheese." Yeah, you knew I was going to go there. Let me tell ya, folks: The dick jokes are on the way.
  • 13. What were you doing at midnight last night?: Probably playing World of Warcraft, like I do almost every night. That's a silly question.
  • 14. What did your last text message you recieved on your cell phone say: "God help me, they're taking me to a Sox game."
  • 15. Do you ever click on "Pop Ups" or Banners?: Not unless it's advertising an extremely good price on something I particularly want but will not end up buying.
  • 16. What's a saying that you say a lot? I can't think of any, but I know that I occasionally morph into a middle-aged Jewish man on occasion.
  • 17. Who told you they loved you last?: I couldn't tell you. It's not a secret; I just have no idea. It's not something that comes up very often.
  • 18. Last furry thing you touched?: Huh-huh.... Just kidding. It was actually my friend Scott's fat cat, which we have taken to calling Yokozuna.
  • 19. How many hours a week do you work?: 35-ish.
  • 2o. How many rolls of film do you need to get developed? None. This question is a joke, isn't it? They knew this survey would eventually get around to me.
  • 21. Favorite age you have been so far?: I can't really think of any that I enjoyed more than another.
  • 22. Your worst enemy?: Really don't have any..
  • 23. What is your current desktop picture?: The one seen at the bottom of this post, but much larger.
  • 24. What was the last thing you said to someone?: "I have to go home and re-spec my hunter," or something along those lines.
  • 25. If you had to choose between a million dollars or to forget a past mistake, what would you choose?: That kind of money would probably buy my way out of the Bozo Bucket hell I've been in for the last several years.
The game's done patching, I'm sorry, I lied about the dick jokes, but here's my desktop picture, Impression, soleil levant by Claude Monet.


AIM: therbmcc71