Friday, March 03, 2006

Banzai Washout

This is what I'm working on right now. I just got a 6 x 8" Wacom tablet for my Mac (works on PC, too), so I'm taking it for a spin in Photoshop Elements in the most appropriate manner possible for myself (caution, dialup users! about 300K worth of stuff here!):

Original:
Stripped down to line art:
Color layer:

Current layers combined:

I'm not sticking strictly to the original coloring job because I didn't feel that it was necessary, and you don't learn anything by constantly referring back to the original work. Cable's coat is only green because that's the only color I remembered from the original frame, and I gave him a red ascot just to make him look that much more like Charlton Heston. I figure tomorrow and Saturday I'll finish coloring the rest of the frame, do highlights, lowlights, various other stuff (replacing the dialogue is high on the list), and then write up a tutorial on how to do it.

Anyway, this is terribly fun, and I'm far better at it than I ever was with coloring books, thank you Photoshop.


AIM: therbmcc71

No comments: