Sunday, March 12, 2006

Hot in the City

So I bought Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas last night, and I managed to somehow make it farther in two hours than I'd previously done in about six. I figure this probably has something to do with the fact that I was using an Xbox controller instead of a PS2 controller, which many regard as the greatest controller in history, but I still hold that particular honor goes to the Gamecube. Now, if they would have made a Controller-S layout on the old "Fatty" controller (which was universally panned for its enormous size) that shipped with the Xbox for its first year, I'd ... no, I'd still say the Gamecube controller.

Pokemon Trozei is yet another game I bought to tide myself over until the release of Tetris DS. It could be said that these games are entirely too reminiscent of Bejeweled or something along those lines, but you could say the same thing about Bejeweled being reminiscent of Columns, only not, because the pieces are already there. Which reminds me, someone really needs to figure out a way to make Columns even more badass and release it on a current-gen system, because I want to play it again.

Back to San Andreas, though. I'm still trying to get used to the radio station layout, because I channel-surf in that game worse than I do in real life. Unfortunately, it's exactly the opposite of real life because I'm surfing for the commercials, since everything but the songs on the radio in that game are absolutely hysterical, generally in a lewd sort of manner. I won't even get into the horses' names at the off-track betting establishment, but they're terribly creative.

Anyway, this is just a little throwaway post to let everyone know that I'm still alive and have not traded in all of my worldly interests for five pieces of silver and some comic books, and I'll be back at some point to write up something that's actually interesting. Maybe not to you, but interesting to me.

By the way, if you're going to be in the Batavia area on St. Patrick's Day, swing by the Venice Tavern around nine o'clock and close the joint with me, as Small Shiny Things is going to be playing. There's a whopping three-dollar cover, but major holidays with Kevin and the boys are always a good time.


AIM: therbmcc71

No comments: