Monday, August 29, 2005

Float On

So I'm trying to decide right now whether to get Hot Fuss by The Killers or Good News for People Who Love Bad News by Modest Mouse. I'm leaning toward the latter, because it's a lot more eclectic and won't remind me in twenty years of that group that sounded like a less-pussified, dance-remix friendly version of Maroon 5.

Bought Angel Season Five on DVD the other day and noticed that I'd seen the first three episodes and about the last five, and absolutely nothing in between. This is not quite as bad as the fact that I completely missed the third and fourth seasons of the show, along with the entire sixth season of Buffy. Yes, I'm a dedicated fan.

I've been playing copious amounts of World of Warcraft, which really keeps me from noticing my lack of a social life. In any case, the Alliance blows, and they're all a bunch of wannabe-Lord of the Rings knockoffs, with names like Frohdoh and Legggolas and Gimmleee. Strangely enough, I haven't seen a knockoff of Arwen yet, but that's probably because Liv Tyler pretty much managed to destroy Arwen more thoroughly than any Ringwraith could have ever done. The Horde is where it's at, yo. Oh, and might I add that the Elf Slappers guild is a bunch of fucking tools.

Due to my lack of social life, I really have nothing else for you today. So there.


AIM: therbmcc71