Sunday, November 19, 2006

Everybody's Workin' for the Wiikend [update 1]

I got in line at 6:45, and they started handing out the tickets at a couple of minutes after 7:00, as expected. I got ticket number 56 out of 81, and I'm now typing this at the local Pantera Bread (where thrash metal meets sandwiches). Since my console is guaranteed until noon, I'm not going to hurry back. It's cold outside, and I need coffee.

And I've crunched the numbers, and I'll have just shy of a hundred dollars left to make it through the next two weeks, if I get the Wii and two games. This is probably a good time to trouble my brother for that tank of gas he owes me. Now I just have to figure out which games I'm going to get. Hopefully we'll still have some copies of Zelda, and I really want Rayman Raving Rabbids, but the last game is the big question. I'm thinking Trauma Center, but I might go with Excite Truck for the kids. I have no idea.

I wonder how many people in line felt guilty about skipping church for a Nintendo. Also, I wonder if those people who were in line for twelve hours felt stupid, since everyone in line got a reservation ticket.

By the way, if you're reading this and you live in the Aurora (Illinois) metropolitan area, the Gamestop in the Fox Valley Mall has a hundred and fifty units and only thirty-two reserves. The line starts at the doors between JCPenney and Macy's, so get there early, since it's probably your best shot at this hour.

More details to follow. Tune in for your semi-regular Wiikend updates right here, where there continue to be no boobies.


AIM: therbmcc71

No comments: