Saturday, July 31, 2004

No Comments On This Post

I've now lost two posts to the Blog-Monster, and have decided that I'm not composing posts in Blogger anymore, now that it accepts formatted copy-pasted text. My first post had an actual subject and thought behind it, the second was not unlike this one, but more extensive and explanatory as to why I chose this particular text. In this case, I'm just going to leave you with a scene from Buffy Season 5, and you can draw your own conclusions.

The scene begins with Riley and Xander talking about women.

XANDER: How is it that she can always make me feel Suave-Xander's left the building?
RILEY: You two have your friction, but she digs the whole package. It's obvious.
XANDER: Still, I do envy you sometimes. I mean for the sanity. Not that I'm still into Buffy. Not that I ever was.
RILEY: Hey, I'm well aware of how lucky I am. Like, lottery lucky. Buffy's like nobody else in the world. When I'm with her it's like ... it's like I'm split in two. Half of me is just on fire, going crazy if I'm not touching her. The other half is so still and peaceful, just perfectly content. Just knows: this is the one.
... But she doesn't love me.

EDIT: I might add that I deliberately made this post non-commentable, because I really don't want to get into a discussion about what it entails. I'm starting a completely separate blog to deal with those particular issues, and I'm not going to give that information out to ... well, anyone who doesn't ask via my AIM screenname, which is listed below, which no one ever uses; which would be pointless, given that I'm online only in the dead of night.


AIM: therbmcc71