Tuesday, August 03, 2004

If it's Time for Recompense for What's Done

I feel good. For the first time in ages, I feel good and I don't associate it with being a good trivia player, being someone's boyfriend or being able to write up something so clever that I sit back in my chair and call myself brilliant.

I feel inspired... like Marlon Brando after eating a gallon of shoe-polish and chasing it with a bottle of ginseng.

I feel like I'm capable of greatness again, like I haven't in years, but without the hubris that used to go along with it. It's like diet-potential, and I like it.

I feel empowered, like I don't care who rejects my job application, because it's their loss.

I feel like I finally understand the Rocky III line, "Nobody owes nobody nothin'. You owe yourself."

I feel. -no qualifier necessary-


AIM: therbmcc71